Today, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) launched USAID FWD Day – a massive push to spread awareness and ensure the Horn of Africa tragedy no longer goes overlooked. There are currently 13.3 million in crisis suffering from the worst drought in 60 years, the worst famine in 20, and non-stop violence.
With FWD Day, USAID hopes to reach 13.3 million people in one day (the same number of people in crisis). We need your help reaching this goal by using Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to generate tweets and shares the FWD facts. Some specific actions include:
- Tweeting with the #FWD hash-tag,
- Sharing updates from the USAID Facebook page,
- E-mailing your friends and telling people about usaid.gov/FWD,
- Creating your own video on YouTube, or
- Texting “GIVE” to 777444 to donate $10.
USAID’s website also has simple and helpful infographics (below) that illustrate the severity of the crisis. MFAN will be on Twitter and Facebook today to support FWD Day, but please share this with your networks and help to forward the facts!