Last week, Representatives Ander Crenshaw (R-FL-04) and Adam Smith (D-WA-09) circulated a Dear Colleague letter announcing the launch of the newly-formed Caucus for Effective Foreign Assistance, of which they are co-chairs. As their letter states, “In our increasingly interconnected world, the delivery of foreign assistance must be effective in order to successfully achieve our critical foreign policy objectives.”
The launch of this important new Caucus is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday from 3:00-5:00PM in Room 2359 of the Rayburn House Office Building. Representatives Crenshaw and Smith will be headlining the launch event, and they will be followed by an excellent lineup of speakers, including U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Administrator Dr. Rajiv Shah and several leaders from the development community (event details below).
We look forward to seeing you all there!
What: Launch of the Congressional Caucus for Effective Foreign Assistance
Where: Rayburn House Office Building, Room 2359
When: 3-5 pm, Thursday, May 12
No RSVP is required.
- Mark Green, MCC Board Member and Senior Director, USGLC, Member of Congress (ret.) and Ambassador
- Ray Offenheiser, President, Oxfam America
- David Beckmann, President, Bread for the World; Co-Chair, Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network
- Asif Shaikh, President & CEO, International Resources Group
- Dr. Jonathan Quick, President & CEO, Management Sciences for Health